To say the least I was really surprised because I had read, Carol Bartz referring to a wow experience. I had also read Yahoo Finally Rolls Out New Homepage to the Masses–and, Drum Roll, It’s Good
I was left wondering how anyone could use descriptions like wow, its good. I am not sure if they had the time to even go through the homepage.
Some of the things which I noticed or I should say things I could not help noticing.
- The homepage looks new. That’s the best I can describe it as
- Once you try to sign in. It takes you to a page which looks as if it was designed decades ago.
- In My Favorites - I configured Gmail and clicked on the preview, it gave a message to the effect that it could not connect to Gmail
- When I tried for the second time, I could seem emails on the preview pane and when I clicked on it, it took me to a page which said something of the effect of link not found.
- I didn’t give up, I hit the back button and I tried once more, it took me to the home page of Google.
- Another back button and tired once more. I go to the login page of Gmail. I was left wondering. I should have been taken to the inbox of Gmail as I had already provided my login details
If I had heard more realistic views on the new homepage, I would not have tried the new page.
I hope Yahoo! does better for itself by not coming out with half-baked products.