Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WatchDox - Its an interesting tool

WatchDox is a tool I tested today

It is an interesting tool to manage usage and distribution of digital documents. Its a appears to be a tool meant for the enterprise user to ensure confidentiality of documents.

A caveat, it is currently in beta and lets hope we see continuous improvements.

Some of my initial observations on the tool were
  1. It took me 3 mins to upload an excel file for testing ... I thought it was bit slow .... for large enterprise documents it would be even slower
  2. I guess it might be a bit faster with an outlook plugin.... what about support for Lotus Notes via a plugin and other platforms.
  3. Am not sure if WatchDox has tested this tool with different formats. My excel file lost all formatting in the viewer.
  4. It would be interesting to know if ppt's can also be viewed well in this viewer.
It would be interesting to know the pricing models for this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment