Findings from 12 visits to stores of multiple retail chains in Bangalore, conducted over this weekend revealed that
- Not all stores chains like Chroma, Ezone etc are carrying the Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Most of the stores who claimed to be carrying the Samsung Galaxy Tab did not carry stock. They had one demo unit.
- The salespersons interviewed indicate that while a lot of customers are ocming to have a look, the sales are low to negligible.
- The biggest issue seen is the pricing at Rs 36,999 which seems to be a rip-off and is the main reason for the low pick up. The low pick up is leading to a tepid response from the retailers.
- The retail staff in stores have not been trained on the product. They are not sure what it does.
- The key takeaway is that the Samsung Galaxy Tab is expensive and is not selling in India